While the world changed We have been changing as well
- Live Aid raise over £50 million for Ethiopian famine relief.
- The comic strip Calvin and Hobbes debuts in 35 newspapers.
- Minolta releases world’s first autofocus single-lens reflex camera
PharmaCare begins operation in a small warehouse in Sydney’s Northern beaches.
- Berlin Wall comes down, heralding the beginning of the end of the Cold War.
- Nintendo releases the Game Boy portable video game system in North America.
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) founded.
PharmaCare acquires KP24, Pyrenel, Invite-e, Wart-off and Pharmacy Private Label. By 1989, the company employs 16 full time employees and moves to a larger premises.
- The Y2K glitch did not cause worldwide computer linked catastrophe as feared.
- The 2000 Summer Olympics are held in Sydney , Australia.
- Bill Clinton becomes the first sitting U.S. President to visit Vietnam.
PharmaCare acquires Nature’s Way brand from Roche. The brand becomes one of Australia’s fastest growing health supplement range.
- America Online and Time Warner merges to form AOL Time Warner.
- Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia, launches on the internet.
- Sherpa Temba Tsheri , 16, becomes the youngest person to summit Mount Everest.
PharmaCare expands it’s brand portfolio through the acquisition of the Medi and Myadec brands from Pfizer. The company moves to larger premises to accommodate the growing workforce
- Switzerland joins the United Nations.
- Euro notes and coins are introduced in 12 key European markets.
- East Timor regains its independence.
PharmaCare acquires Bioglan and Pretorius.
- Australia wins Cricket World Cup in South Africa.
- The Concorde makes its last commercial flight.
- The largest hailstone ever recorded falls in Aurora, Nebraska.
PharmaCare acquires the Maseur range of therapeutic sandals from Sara Lee. PharmaCare moves to purpose built building on Jubilee Avenue in Warriewood.
- The Cassini-Huygens spacecraft arrives at Saturn.
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono becomes the first directly elected President of Indonesia.
- An enormous tsunami waves tcrashes into the coastal areas of Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Malaysia and Indonesia.
PharmaCare acquires Brut and Norsca from Unilever for the Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands territories. Brut and Norsca, popular brands in the 1970’s and 1980’s, were relaunched with great success by PharmaCare.
- The Superjumbo jet aircraft Airbus A380 makes its first flight from Toulouse.
- Kuwaiti women are granted the right to vote.
- Surgeons in France carry out the first human face transplant.
PharmaCare acquires Rosken, Aquasun, Fefol and Everbronz from Pfizer.
- South Korean Ban Ki-moon is elected as the new Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- Italy wins their fourth FIFA World Cup title.
- The European Space Agency’s Venus Express spaceprobe enters Venus orbit.
Carotino Australia, a PharmaCare Group company acquires Cat Media and its key brands Skin Doctors Cosmeceuticals and Naturopathica. PharmaCare sets up its Asia regional office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows sells over 11 million copies in the first 24 hours.
- Live Earth Concerts are held throughout 9 major cities around the world.
- The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit hosts its 19th annual city meeting in Sydney.
PharmaCare acquires the Redwin brand.
- Stock markets around the world plunge amid growing fears of a U.S. recession.
- Bhutan holds its first-ever general elections.
- The 2008 Summer Olympics take place in Beijing, China.
PharmaCare acquires TNC UK and sets up PharmaCare Europe. The company grows internationally, in spite of the economic downturn.
- Barack Obama is inaugurated as the first African American, 44th President of the United States.
- The Victorian bush fires in Australian kill 173, injure 500 more, and leave 7,500 homeless.
- Pop legend Michael Jackson passes away triggering an outpouring of worldwide grief.
PharmaCare acquires Sambucol, the all natural influenza remedy which has a large customer base across the US and Europe. The company sets up US office with the acquisition of Real Health Laboratories USA.
- Spain wins the soccer World Cup 2010.
- Scientists announce that they have created a functional synthetic genome.
- 24-hour flight by a solar powered plane is completed by the Solar Impulse.
The company moves into a 15,000 m2 warehouse and new purpose built office facility at 18 Jubilee Avenue, Warriewood.
- Oprah Winfrey airs her last show.
- The final Harry Potter film is released.
- Space Shuttle Atlantis is launched in the final mission of the U.S. Space shuttle program.
- Cadel Evans wins the Tour de France.
Pharmacare acquires the world wide rights to Promensil.
- Encyclopedia Britannica announces it will no longer publish printed versions.
- Sachin Tendukar becomes the first cricketer to score 100 test centuries.
- Australian Joe Parkinson wins the ASP Surfing World Tour.
Pharmacare acquires the Menoflavon brand. Scientifically proven relief for women before, during & after menopause.
- Adam Scott wins the Masters.
- Bill Gates becomes the world’s richest man.
- Human stem cells are successfully clones.
- Sony launches the Playstation 4.
Bioglan Superfoods are launched. This brings the health benefits of some of the world most unique countries into Australian homes.
- “Gangnam Style” first video to reach 2 billion hits on Youtube.
- Germany beat Argentina 1-0 in the football World Cup.
- New York’s World Trade centre reopens.
- G20 Summit hosted in Brisbane, Australia.
Pharmacare establishes new global offices in New Zealand & Thailand.
- Disney release Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lithuania becomes the 19th member of the Eurozone.
- 100 year anniversary of the ANZAC’s landing in Gallipoli.
- India’s population officially reaches 1 billion.
Pharmacare expands into new markets with the launch of Nature’s Way Infant Formula & Nature’s Way Manuka Honey.
- Record Powerball lottery in America ($1.6b)
- TV drama “The X-Files” returns after 13 years.
- Longest non-stop commercial flight Dubai to Auckland – 17hrs.
- Denver Broncos win the 50th Superbowl.
Pharmacare establishes a global office in Indonesia.